Andalus Institute is an independent research institution, that relies on the values of tolerance and citizenship. It aims at contributing to human development in Egyptian and Arabic societies and, on its way to achieving that, the institute confirms its commitment to “declaration of principles on tolerance” proclaimed and signed by the member states of UNESCO on 16 November 1995, and to all international declarations, covenants, treaties, and bills pertaining to the subject of human rights issued by the UN or any of its sub-organization.
The institute does not involve in any activity that could affect its integrity and transparency.
The targeted issues:
- Spreading the culture of tolerance through fighting and antagonizing
- Cultural intolerance
- Racial intolerance
- Sexual intolerance
- Political intolerance (democracy)
- Religious intolerance
- Youth (both males and females) from the age of 15 to 35
- Observing and Research unit (ORU)
- Training and awareness unit (tau)
- Public relations unit (PRU)
- Publication and Documentation unit (PDU)